Thursday, October 14, 2010

my project

One of the things I was talking about the other day when I wrote "procrastination" was my laundry list of pictures to edit so that I can put them up for you to see. Some of them are all right as they are, but most of them need a little help, especially the ones taken at the beach (mad over exposure everywhere). SO, I feel I must do it.

The problem is, or has been, that we don't really know how to Photoshop. We have the program, but we don't know enough, or haven't known, to actually do anything.

Luckily, I have Pioneer Woman to help me out.
Have I told you how much I just love her site? OMG. True.

So, we have gone through most, if not all, of her tutorials and have them saved for us to look at quickly. But, with the photos I feel I need to edit being in the hundreds, I haven't felt confident enough to tackle the challenge.
This is going somewhere, I promise.
All right. So, sometimes she has these photo contests in which you submit your photos, edited or SOOC (straight-out-of-camera), and she chooses her favorites, or we vote, and the winner gets a prize. I jumped on the bandwaggon right after one of these said contests, so I haven't been able to participate. Until yesterday.
Pioneer Woman posted a photo that she has taken and asked us to Photoshop it how we see fit and then submit it.
So, with only one photo to edit, I started. Yesterday, I tinkered and fiddled and came out with two photo edits that I like. Today, I am going to do some more messing around, trying to get a feel for Photoshop, where everything is, and what certain tools do. It's getting easier with practice, as with most things.

I will post my edits later today for you all to see. I'm sure they are not as good as some, and that's OK. I am a beginner and I have a lot to learn. But, I think they look nice, and that's what really matters, right?

No comments: