Wednesday, October 20, 2010

layout

As you can probably see, unless you're color blind, I have changed some things around the site. Actually, I changed just about everything.

New layout, new colors, new fonts. What have you.
I was using an older layout, and it wouldn't let me update it with the new features, so I just decided I'd just go for it and change everything. It kind of needed a face lift.

The only thing that's bothering me right now is that I can't get the darn picture at the very top of the page centered. I have no idea why. I'm investigating, though, because it's really driving me crazy.

Alex asked me why I changed it now, since I'm probably going to be switching over to wordpress. I don't know, is the real answer. Mostly, I think, I just wanted to change some things, and I couldn't without changing most everything.
Darn present layouts. If only I were better at HTML. But, that's another story.

In other news, Alex and I bought chicken today for the first time since we arrived. First we didn't have a fridge, and then we moved to the new place that had a fridge, I was afraid that I'd have to take the guts out of a whole chicken. But, alas, they have chicken parts by the pound and that's what we got.
Tonight on the menu: Fried Chicken and French Fries.

I'm going to be buying some vegetables this weekend that I haven't seen in the States. I will probably put up pictures and recipes, though you won't be able to use them. It's payback for all the recipes and dinner descriptions I have to look at while I'm here and don't have the proper ingredients to make them.

Orange Carrots and Green Pataste
Pataste. The first time I had this, it was in soup form, served in its outer shell. I was unsure at first, but grew to like it over the course of the meal.
These are in their raw, though steamed, form sprinkled with a little salt. Absolutely delicious! They are firm yet melt in your mouth. The taste is unlike anything I've had while living in the United States.
Boiling Yuca
Yuca. It is a root, much like the potato but with the texture of hardy potato and sweet potato mixed. I don't know if that actually true, but that's the best way I can explain it right now. Most times, this root is boiled in water, then fried for a loooong time until it's golden brown. Then you eat it!


When I make these this weekend, I will post pictures and give recipes. It ought to be delicious!


Oh, chicken's done!! Must feed my face.

No comments: