Wednesday, March 10, 2010

dental work is expensive!

We're well on our way to having all of our medical paperwork completed. This is the good news. The bad news is that this week, when we went to the dentist to have our exam and x-rays done, we learned that we each have a couple cavities that need to be filled. Our exam and x-rays were free, but cleaning and cavities cost money. A lot of money. We're talking almost $1000 to have our mouths in working "Peace Corps" order.
Luckily, we have the money. Unfortunatly, and really the only two things I can think about is, this is all of our tax refund and this means I may not be able to get my computer/take Spanish next term. That money was spoken for and now it's going to the place that does all our our speaking. Needless to say, I'm upset.
My plan for this week is to try to find another doctor in town that can do the same job for cheaper. So far, with the research I've done, I haven't found anything substantially different, but I will keep looking.

On a lighter note, I got the job at Milestones' Women's program. I start toward the end of next week. This will help recover some of the costs, but it's only about 10 hours/week so I'm going to have to think of some other ways to make money. I actually really like having multiple part time jobs, but sometimes it gets a little hairy when trying to make schedules work together. Either way, it makes life interesting.

No comments: