Tuesday, March 30, 2010

blerg

This past week has been a whirlwind for me.
I've started my new job at the YES House as a Treatment Aide. Luckily for me, I am educated and experienced in residential programs and facilitating groups, so they have put me in charge of running the groups in the afternoon. I'm pretty stoked about this because it means I have more responsibility, which somehow makes me like my job more. I also am able to make some time for planning, which really means time away from the kids - I need that sometimes, especially when my patience for shenanagans is running a little thin. There is a lot of paperwork involved, but I do not mind it at all. Oh, and I am able to get almost full time hours, which really rocks. I can't wait to get my hands on a macbook.
So this job is taking up a lot of my time. My schedule last week was a little something like this: Juvenile Department (8am-12pm) then YES House (12:30pm-7pm), except on the weekends which is YES House (8am-1pm). Now I have school from 1pm to 2pm, so I won't get to the YES House until about 2:30pm, which I found out last night means staying til like 9pm. I really don't think it will always be like this. Once I know what I'm doing then I won't need so much time to get organized and plan. Then I can relax a little. But, I have to say that I'm not really looking forward to being completely busy and tired all the time. Does not sound fun to me, I've got to say.

Alex on the other hand had it so easy! The kids were all on Spring Break, so he was on Spring Break. He worked 3 out of the 9 days off. I'm just jealous.
He finally got all of his shots and blood work done. He got his PPD (TB) test, and forgot to go in to have it checked. So, he has to go in today to get it redone. Hopefully he won't forget to have it checked.
I asked the nurse at Detention if I could have a copy of my results, and she told me that while I'm checked off for being tested, that she never signed off on it. Not really sure how that happened, but I am going in on Thursday to have it redone.

I'd have to say that the whole medical packet for Peace Corps is frustrating, only in that I find that people are really disappointing me. The medical/dentist people. They're making this whole thing a lot harder than it's had to be and I'm really over it. We're so close to having everything completed, checked off, and signed that I just want it to be over with! Right now, we're waiting on our PPD tests, our new dental forms to be filled out, and for my physical forms to be signed. We ought to have all of that done by Friday. They've also requested that I write a personal statement, which also needs to be done.

Really, there is a lot of little things that need to be done, but it has nothing to do with us. We're just waiting on other people to get their acts together. I guess this is why we're doing Peace Corps and they're not.

No comments: