Tuesday, January 4, 2011

no resolutions

I did not make a new years resolution. I think I have in the past but, like a lot of other people in the world, probably did not keep them.

I guess if I had to pick a goal for the year it would be "be happy". I realized today that this does not only mean doing what's best in the moment but what's best overall for everyone involved/effected. A lot of times, we can't feel right with ourselves if we have regrets about wronging another. So, that's definitely a factor.

I did end up going running today though. I decided that it'd be a good idea to take the dogs on a walk, which turned into me and Cate going running. Because I'm very rusty, we chose to do a one and a half mile loop. I did the whole loop, but that definitely does not mean that I ran it. If I had to guess, I'd say I ran about half a mile total.

Even though I hated nearly every minute of it, I felt great for the rest of the day. So, that is at least some kind of incentive for me to continue.

Anyone make a new years resolution? Is it different or the same as years past?

No comments: