Monday, January 10, 2011

burrito bowl

Because I've been trying to get rid of these 10 pounds that I've put on since being back in the States, I've been working out and trying to eat smaller, more frequent meals.

One of my favorite things right now is my burrito bowl. I have these little bowls that are the size of my palms combined and I use that for portion control. I make sure to only fill the bowl up to the top, and not overfill it.

I've posted my bean and rice recipe. We made extra this past week, so I've been using the left overs for my bowls. My dad's girlfriend, Cate, made some pulled pork, and I've been using a little of that as well.
Put some cheese on it.
Microwave it.
Eat it.
SOO good!

You can do this with non-homemade products as well. The idea is to get your protein in, a little bit of carbs, and a little bit of fat.
I am not a dietitian or anything, but it seems pretty healthy!

No comments: