Sunday, December 26, 2010

the surprise

I was really preoccupied with organizing our return to the States that I couldn't be bothered with blogging. I mean, the only thing I was thinking about, the only thing I was doing, had to do with coming back to Oregon, surprising our families and friends. I couldn't think about all of the other things that would have been good for this blog. I could barely even edit photos, save for my late nights.

So, we had been planning this for a couple of weeks. At first, we thought it was too expensive for us to come home. I mean, we were looking at about $1,600 for flying right before Christmas. That's a lot of money to just about anyone. But, after a while we became quite homesick and decided that it didn't matter what it cost; we wanted to come home. 

Three weeks later, here we are. We've surprised Alex's family and our friends Josh and Haley. We ran into our friend Brandon on the highway. And Christmas has come and gone.

And still, it was worth it. 


I am still working on editing photos for this blog. I have no idea when they will be done but, now that most of the festivities are over, I will have more time. 

1 comment: