Tuesday, November 2, 2010

dodging poo

Yes, I should say that Alex and I are pretty good at dodging the poop that litters the streets of San Marcos.

Everyday, we walk to school. It's about a 10 to 15 minute walk, depending on how energetic we feel.
And everyday we must always look down at our feet and the two and a half foot semi-circle around us to make sure we're not endanger of stepping in any poop.

A lot of times, the poop is easy to spot. This would be the cow poop.
It's in huge piles and is generally black when wet. When it dries, it looks like dead grass, I don't mind stepping on it.

Other times its dog poo. This poo can look very different from pile to pile. Sometimes its normal brown. Other times we've seen it babypoop yellow and green.

Then there is poop that kind of looks like dog poop but maybe is too big to have come from a dog. I suspect that it may be human poop, though I've never seen anyone poop (though I have seen plenty of males pee in a bush or wall) around here.

Luckily, the only time I have stepped in poop is when I was in the cow pasture during my milking adventure.


And thank god.
Poop is gross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lucky for me i was eating my lunch when i read this. YAY for avoiding all kinds of poop! especially the human kind.
loves~tdizzle