Thursday, February 17, 2011

favorite things

I have a couple of favorite things right now. They are kind of all over the spectrum as far as categories go, but I am sort of a random person so it's fitting.

Jersey Shore - I first watched this show about two years ago, when it started. I heard a big buzz about it and decided that I would not give into the fad. But somehow things are OK when you do it to make fun of it. So Alex and I tuned in one day to see the disaster and ended up watching the marathon... just for fun, though, right? I've kept up lightly since then, but now it's turned into a full blown favorite. I DVR this show. It's kind of scary.
Now, I call this "trash TV" and I know that it adds no real value to my mind, but it is entertaining and a definite conversation piece. Also, and in their defense, they can be quite philosophical sometimes....ironic, right?

Moroccan Oil - This is not oil that you cook with, people. This is deliciously aromatic oil that you put in your hair to make it smell divine and, even better, feel like silk. It is worth its weight in gold, which is why it's so frickin' expensive!! I bought a bottle that was almost 4oz, I think, for $40. It ought to last a couple of months, so when you look at it this way, it's not as bad. Plus, I'm hoping that it will help my ends which will help me to get hair cuts less often. If you have the means to get some of this stuff, I completely suggest it. I got mine at the local beauty school shop.

Panic! At the Disco Pretty. Odd. - I loved Panic!'s first album. A lot. And so when I got this one the other day I was pretty excited to listen to it. It did not let me down. My favorite songs include "Do You Know What I'm Seeing?" and "When the Day Met the Night". Makes me so happy inside!
If you have liked their music in the past, or have heard "Nine in the Afternoon" on the radio, this album would be a good choice for you.


This are the things that have made me go "EEEE!!" when I think about them. When I get out of the shower, I'm so excited to put in my oil. When I get in the car to go to work, I'm so excited to put Panic! in my ear holes. When it's Friday morning, and I remember that I have the new episode of Jersey Shore on my DVR, I am like "OMG".

Obviously this is subject to personal taste. If you don't like trash TV, you probably won't like Jersey Shore. If you don't like Panic!'s genre of music, you probably won't like their album. And if you hate hair, then you will not like the Moroccan Oil. Use at your own discretion.


Note: This is not a paid advertisement and I am in no way affiliated with any of the above mentioned. These are my own personal opinions of these products. 

No comments: