Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oregon Jamboree

The Oregon Jamboree is a country music festival that is held at the end of July/beginning of August. It is run entirely by volunteers who do everything from help the band, to pick up trash, to serve beer and break up fights. This is my second year volunteering at the beer garden - last year I took orders, this year I poured. It was pretty fun! And I got Alex to join me, though I can't speak for how much fun he had.

Big acts: Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert

I got to see a little bit of both their shows. They were excellent in concert, as well as most everyone else (save Julianne Hough - blah!).

So, after my shift at the garden, I run out to catch the last part of Keith Urban's show. I'd been singing along all night. I was pumped. I so run up as far as I can before I hit a sea of chairs. They yell at me, telling me I can't stand in the walk way, so I hop over the rope. I start recording...



Then they want to kick me out. And here's why...



It was freaking amazing. Doesn't it look like I touched Keith Urban's.. something! I don't know what it was! Oh, I tell you.. I was totally pumped after that... Could not have beat that. Not even front row seats.

The next morning, we went to breakfast.
On the way, we found the Sweet Potato Queens

Issac's SIDE of Pancakes.

And then Sunday, Miranda Lambert played. I was also very excited about this performance, and was preparing myself to meet her should she enter the beer garden during the volunteer party.





And after she was done, and everyone was clearing out, we were reminded of some fine folk we served this weekend. "Want me? Stand in Line." And "Mr. Right. Mr. All Night."


"Want me? Stand in line."


"Mr. Right. Mr. All Night."

So, another fun year at the Jamboree. Not as fun as last year - people just weren't as crazy! Next year though, I think we'll take a break from diving in the Caribbean to come up and serve the good people of Sweet Home again.

No comments: