Wednesday, April 28, 2010

april

So we're all moved into our new place. I will find out how to use Alex's iPhone to take pictures and put them up here. Things are still a bit messy, but they're coming along. The only thing that could really be better is a working oven (which is getting looked at today) and some hot water for showers. Oh, we have hot water in the sinks, but not in the tub.

So, in my last post I wrote a little about our medical packets and that I finally sent them away. Oh, I just checked and it was three weeks from today. Well, Alex got his dental stuff sent back because they need a note or something from the dentist about the restorations done to his teeth. Not entirely sure what this is going to entail... maybe more work, but maybe just a note. So, we'll get that taken care of and sent off by next week. I've read though that things can still go ahead if dental is lagging. It seriously took them a week to look at my dental stuff and approve everything. I'm just waiting to hear about my giant medical stack they have to go through. I don't expect to hear about that for another couple of weeks at the minimum.

The only other information I know is that if we're going to be going in August we'll probably get an invitation in June. That's only about a month away, which is crazy. I still have major doubts about going - leaving things, people, opportunities really freaks me out. But, I just had a talk with TK, who is in Paraguay with the Peace Corps, and he said that it will be worth it and that I am being a wimp *censored*. I will just continue to wait, as our applications and information is already all in, and freak out when we finally get word about where we're going and when.

As for now, I'm just savin my money to get a sweet new macbook pro. We're going to be taking a trip to Idaho this summer at some point. And, our 1 year anniversary is coming up in about a month and a half - you know we gotta do something for that. Besides, I have a feeling the lady that made our cake isn't going to let us have our anniversary cake considering we weren't that nice to her after our wedding - though, it was her fault our cake wasn't up to par and she didn't own up to her mistake, so that's what happens.

No comments: